Landscaping ideas can make your project unique. If all the yards were the same, none would catch our eye. Landscaping ideas, perhaps even more so than beautiful trees and lawns, are what draw your attention. Test it. Go visit a neighborhood you don’t know and pay attention to what it is exactly that made you think “Wow! What a beautiful yard!” More often than not, what catches the eye is what sets a given yard from the others. That special feature that personalizes the yard. What make a landscaping personal? A person, of course. And in this case, that’s either you or the person for whom you are doing the landscaping. Maybe you have precise ideas about what to do to make the landscaping more personal.
There are thousands of possibilities. Here is a list of the most popular landscaping ideas:
- A patio on which to relax and entertain. Did you know thpxere are many ways to build patios? So you don’t have to spend a fortune.
- Why not stone steps or a stone path leading to your patio or backyard. These can be very useful in those areas where people walk across your lawn.
- A beautiful rock garden can be a real eye catcher.
- Big impressive boulders can also attract attention, but they can also be quite useful, if used to create a retaining wall, for instance.
- A water garden brings sounds and birds to your garden.
- There are also many plants that can attract birds and butterflies around your house.
- For a distinctive landscaping, consider using native plants in your yard (most people nowadays use plants that come from all over the world).
- You’re more the modern, urbane type? You can give your garden a contemporary touch.
- Adding the right garden furniture.
But looks aren’t everything. There are other landscaping ideas that may make you happy.
- Maybe you want a landscaping designed to make your house energy efficient.
- If you don’t care too much about garden care, maybe you want to go for a low maintenance landscaping.
- And maybe you want to grow stuff you can bring to your table. There are edible flowers, like nasturtiums, you can grow in your garden. And maybe you want to go even further and grow vegetables as well.
Green landscaping ideas…
Some people think that beautifully landscaped yards aren’t possible without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers. It is true that many landscapers and gardeners have been using a lot of these earth unfriendly substances for a while, and many still do, but green landscaping is growing in popularity among professional and amateur landscapers. You really should consider it.